Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Anesthesia Tech - Anesthesia - PRN - Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
San Antonio, TX 78229 United States
Location: Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Position: Anesthesia Technician
Shift: Varies - PRN
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for equipment and supplies used in anesthesia and uses aseptic techniques in preparation of arterial and central lines..
2. Restocks supplies, checks, and cleans anesthesia machines and supply carts and submits work orders for needed maintenance and ensures its completion .
3. Performs and documents quality control checks for blood glucose monitors, Hemachron and I-Stats.
4. Performs safe and effective blood salvage and re-infusion with cell saver machine.
5. Sets up equipment and supplies for each operative procedure for the anesthesiologist and participates in evaluating new equipment/supplies that pertain to anesthesia service..
6. Schedules preventive maintenance and assures its completion.
7. Assists the anesthesiologist with regional blocks and works in a collaborative role with circulating nurse during induction of anesthesia.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High school graduate with some technical training. Experience:
Minimum of 3 years of Anesthesia Tech in an acute care setting, 5 years preferred. Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions